Tips for Preventing and Controlling High Blood Pressure
People who have various disorders and diseases can control them by maintaining a healthy life style, this will help them get more life quality than before. Individuals suffering from high blood pressure(Hypertension) should follow a healthy life style to be able to control this disease in a better way; this life style does not allow blood pressure to increase.
What lifestyle I have to live?
- People should know the importance of doing exercises in order to limit their high blood pressure and be safe from it.
- Thus, you should eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean protein.
- There is a close relation between high blood pressure and high weight because over weighted people are more likely to be in risk of high blood pressure. These people face a danger of six more times than the others with a well-weighted body. However, the more one loses his extra pounds, the more his blood pressure decreases too.
- It is commonly said that one should lose weight and do more exercises because this will help in getting good health and well weighted body. One can limit and control Hypertension by getting a healthy weight and doing exercises regularly.
- Doing exercises allows your heart to be strong and helps in pumping blood all over your body with a low effort. If the heart pumps blood easily, the blood will go through the arteries with the same ease.
- One can get a healthy weight by regularly making physical activities. The latest federal guidelines assume that one should follow a regular plan of moderate physical activity around 30-60 minutes daily, 5-7 days weekly. Some of these physical activities are: walking which is better for those who intend to start exercising, swimming, biking, and jogging. According to federal guidelines, one who used to powerful physical activities should do them three times weekly at least 20 minutes per time.
- Smoking makes it hard for the heart to work normally because nicotine harms the blood vessels by narrowing them; this prevents the heart from pumping blood in the body normally. Smoking interacts badly with some Hypertension cures; converting them to low effective cures. You can decrease the risk of Hypertension, limit your high pressure and decrease your risk to have lung cancer, heart disease, and having a stroke when you stop smoking. Stopping smoking is not an easy task at all, it may be the hardest mission one can try ever but it helps your health to be improved and achieve some amazing results.
- One should avoid using much amount of sodium in order to limit his high pressure and make it under control. However, there was a debate in the last few years concerning the result of decreasing sodium amount and its effect on blood pressure. It doesn’t have a good effect, but small sodium amount may affect the person’s health in a better way.
- If one has a high blood pressure remedies as prescribed; he must not cancel doses or stop cures ever, as if your blood pressure is back to be normal after a treatment period, it doesn’t mean that you are totally cured from blood pressure. It just means that your cures are working perfect and controlling your blood pressure. In a nutshell, blood pressure cures should be taken forever once you start it.
- Drinking alcohol with excessive amounts causes high blood pressure. So, you should be moderate while you drink it as it also badly affects the liver and the kidneys.
- There is no study affirming that caffeine may lead to Hypertension or not. Some assumed that people who have caffeine daily are more likely to have Hypertension than others. However, other studies show that if you get used to caffeine, it will not affect your blood pressure. That’s why physicians take precautionary measures by suggesting decreasing caffeine intake to avoid the risk of high blood pressure.